Thursday, September 30, 2010

Well, Here We Go...

Life as Mr. and Mrs. Brush seems to be moving on from the Honeymoon stage into what we like to cal "Chapter 2." After back and forth weighing pros and cons of getting a dog, one night we excitedly decided to go for it. While we were going to Petco "just to look" at the puppies up for adoption, I couldn't resist the shy, quiet little black lab puppy with a white stripe on her chest. Soon enough, I was the one with sad puppy eyes...and Steve was willing to bring the little nugget home as my birthday present. We decided to name her Hunley, like the famous black submarine used during the Civil War here in Charleston. I like to think Steve is happy with the name because it has to do with the Confederate Army...and maybe I like it because that Confederate submarine sank. Just kidding ;)

Well, when we brought Hunley home, we thought I would have time to watch and train her closely because I was still looking for a job. Suprise! Only a few hours later, I received a call that I was hired at Ann Taylor as a part-time manager! This was very good news, but Steve and I had to take a deep breath thinking about the extra stress we were about to experience. What a change to go from stay-at-home wife to a working puppy-owner wife. Less sleep and more responsibility have changed some things around our home, but Steve and I are still learning to love each other more and more each day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, the joys of pets... Things will get better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw sooo cute! And I like the meaning of her name. It's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All right Mrs. Brush!!! You are a Southern lady now, you better not make fun of the Hunley!!!! I love reading my girl's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to remove "that's my Yankee!" for "She's my Yankee Doodle Dandy!"

    ReplyDelete